3/28/2006

WEBSITE WISDOM













The Hudson Star-Observer has violated the Wisconsin Constitution by allowing a not-very-nice reader to comment negatively about a political candidate on the HSO website one week prior to the election. Critics of the HSO claim that the candidate is unable to set forth a rebuttal on the website because "his fingies is broken."

However, I found the comment quite interesting:

Article comment by: Bob Muchlinski

Although I sympathize with Mr. and Mrs. Teschner's concern about regular HSO letter writers attacking their neighbor Mr. Baker, I have to agree with you Mr. Whiteley on your feelings regarding Mr. Baker's school board campaign positions. I, too, attended the candidate forum, and found Mr. Baker to be more concerned with focusing his answers to please a radical anti-tax contingent of the populace than in speaking toward stewardship of the heart and soul of our community - our schools. He lost my vote right there. But, even more than that, his call for a bullet vote in his own favor was extraordinarily unprecendented for a political candidate in Hudson. I suspect that no other candidate would try to convince the public to vote for themselves and throw their other two votes away. In fact, none of them did. Can you imagine Brian Bell, Tracy Habisch-Ahlin, Tom Holland or Priscilla Wyeth even conceiving of such an idea? I think not. I've tried to be open minded about Mr. Baker the last two times he ran for school board and lost, but I think I must now conclude that he is just not the right choice for this community. But, I invite Mr. Baker to respond to my comments here on the HSO website anytime prior to the election on April 4th.














.

No comments: