3/26/2006

Black Lab Ponders Fate on OTBL?

After I hung up the phone to schedule a vision exam, because I couldn't believe my eyes, I read a comment on OTBL AGAIN!!! How could it have slipped though Killbear's "I Don't Hate Government School Blog Filter"?
But there it was in black (lab) and white. A statement actually daring to acknowledge that the Hudson Public School aren't condeming our children to eternal damnation and lifelong ignorance, worse yet given crdit to of all things TEACHERS.
To put this in context. Black Lab was indulging himself in the fantasy of being a school board candidate and anwsering on of the the questions posed to them at a recent forum.
Here's what Black Lab had to say.

"Please name three things the Hudson School District does well.



1. Credit where credit is due, I feel we have some outstanding educators in our system, in 20 years of having kids in the system the positives have outweighed the negatives in my experiences with teachers. Yes, there were a few really bad ones too. Communication between TEACHERS and parents was always good in my opinion. If there is a problem, it should stay confidential, but the parent should be informed of what action was taken. In my case the teacher suddenly disappeared the following year, I don't know if he was let go or found another job, but nobody seems to know where he went.



2. The Forensics, Music, and now theatre departments have given wonderful opportunity to the "non athletes" to excell. I realize the #1 priority of our schools should be basic education, but I also think participation in these programs can be a terrific learning experience.



3. While I don't know every detail, I think transportation polices are pretty efficient. I like the staggered school starting times, the district was definitely smart to contract out years ago. I don't know the policy for who gets bussed or who doesn't, and if it is a local decision or mandated by the state. The only problem I see is the difficulty in the contractor finding and hiring qualified bus drivers, if labor costs go up so do ours. Overall I think its been a pretty well run program.


We don't have to agree, I'm curious on how some of you would answer."

Well blacky, I'm sure your OTBL "friends" won't let you off the lease again. If they stay consistent with their
philosophy, they'll probably be putting your username to sleep. If I were you, I'd start running with a different pack.

UPDATE: Black Lab has "Breed Change" operation to save face.
Black Lab: "Luke, this was meant in humor using four questions listed by another poster in an eariler thread which I agreed were good, but not asked at the forum. I certainly was not starting a “game” as you indicated."
----------------
Watchdog Watcher:
HEEEEEE HOOOOOOO I'm laughing my weinnie butt off! You are soooo funny Black lab.






.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would explain the intercepted correspondence of our OTBL molls that say that blacklab is now being called a wiener...