The following is a short excerpt from Libertarianism in One Lesson.
Take a minute to follow the link above for the full lession.
Note under "Philosophy"
The 16th Amendment is invalid! States rights!
- Libertarians invented outrage over government waste, bureaucracy, injustice, etc. Nobody else thinks they are bad, knows they exist, or works to stop them.
- Enlightenment comes only through repetition of the sacred mantra "Government does not work" according to Guru Browne.
- Only government is force, no matter how many Indians were killed by settlers to acquire their property, no matter how many blacks were enslaved and sold by private companies, no matter how many heads of union members are broken by private police.
- Money that government touches spontaneously combusts, destroying the economy. Money retained by individuals grows the economy, even if literally burnt.
- Private education works, public education doesn't. The publicly educated masses that have grown the modern economies of the past 150 years are an illusion.
- Market failures, trusts, and oligopolies are lies spread by the evil economists serving the government as described in the "Protocols of the Elders of Statism".
- Central planning cannot work. Which is why all businesses internally are run like little markets, with no centralized leadership.
- Paternalism is the worst thing that can be inflicted upon people, as everyone knows that fathers are the most hated and reviled figures in the world.
- Government is like fire, a dangerous servant and a fearsome master. Therefore, we should avoid it entirely, as we do all forms of combustion."
The AnyRand Libertarian Zapper- (TM)