2/12/2006

Wisconsin Republican Legislators Keep The Focus On Guns, Gays and God


Proposal aimed at young hunters
Bill lowers minimum age to 8 in attempt to reinvigorate sport
BY KEVIN HARTER

Asteady decline in hunting has some worried that part of Wisconsin's cultural fabric is fraying, and one state lawmaker has even proposed countering the trend by allowing children as young as 8 to hunt. No one believes that hunting will fizzle out in Wisconsin, but even the sport's strongest advocates acknowledge it will be difficult to reverse a trend being seen across the country: up to a 50 percent drop in some states in the next 20 years.

Read more: St. Paul Pioneer Press

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to love to hunt. But now that I have 3 jobs instead of one, it's hard to find the time. At least my job at Wal-Mart gives me a discount on the ammo.

Anonymous said...

In your spare time, maybe you could go to night school, study hard, avoid the draft like Cheney, become a neo-con and spend your weekends hunting with rich guys in Texas. It seems like a simple plan.

Nothing against a little weekend timeoff, but aren't we at war with terrorists who are threatening to import nuclear mushroom clouds of destruction to America? Maybe those starting the war and running the Bush administration could work a little more over time to convince us of their sincerity...

Anonymous said...

Don't you think you're being a little hard on Chaney? I mean, he's just a nice guy like you and me, whose got that darned Scooter spilling beans plus he's got a country to run for Bush.
When I get to feeling pressured like that, there's only one way to clear the mind and that's blasting ( Oh, I mean spraying ) a few dozen quail with my oil drilling lawyer buddies. Yeeee Haaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, shoot, I forgot to get that dag nab licence thingy again.

Sunny Badger said...

FO' Dick, I can't speak for your neighborhood, but were I from, if you get the bully who kicks everybody else around down on the ground, you best get your licks in while you can.