9/10/2009

TEA Party Hero Apologies -- He's Off The Island

I guess the Congressman has been attending too many TEA Parties and just lost his mind...considering the TEA Party, that would be an oxymoron.

The whole country watched Wednesday night when Republican Rep. Joe Wilson yelled out "You lie!" during President Barack Obama's televised speech about his health care proposal.

To which Obama calmly replied, "That's not true."

"I was embarrassed for the chamber and a Congress I love," Vice President Joe Biden said on ABC News this morning. "It demeaned the institution."

Sen. John McCain also found it unconscionable. "Wilson's behavior was 'totally disrespectful,' he said on CNN. "There is no place for it in that setting, or any other, and he should apologize for it immediately."


Wilson's office did issue an apology for his accusation that the president was lying about illegal immigrants getting coverage under his healthcare plan.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," the South Carolina Republican said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

What do you think? Was his behavior unforgivable? Is his apology enough? Or should he make another apology to Obama in person?

Tell us!

Seems to me the Bush administration did more than its share of lying, WMD, terrorists in Iraq and on and on.

How come no one yelled 'You lie!' at George W, Bush or Dick Cheney?

From LA Times

No comments: