12/15/2005

Psssst...Beep beep beep...the silence is deafening On the Border Line


I got mine in the mail yesterday. I was anxious to open it, but I decided to wait. I thought I would wait for the fairly unbalanced bloggers on the dark side of the border to report the good news. I checked this morning. Nothing. I checked at noon. Silence. I check later in the afternoon. Mute. Finally, after getting home and shoveling the snow, I had to do it.

I opened my tax bill. There were minuses in front of the percents. How could that be? After all the OTBL gnashing of teeth over the Hudson hyphenated woman’s tax dance, there it was. A tax reduction of 4.7 percent! No wonder the OTBL’ers were picking on the PC Christmas crowd. Their completely engorged agenda of spit showers, anonymous slander and anti-community venom for 2006 went limp.

Now I live in a modest home in the country with a lawn that looks like a bad hair cut and a few trees for me to hug. Nothing fancy like those palaces like those rich Republicans at www.ontheborderline.net. My bill went down $112. I can only imagine the much large deductions they got on their tax bills. I am not sure which ones of the OTBL klan are going to run for the Hudson school board this year, but I am sure the amount they are saving could be used as a down payment on a trip to the Hair Club of Men. As a school board candidate, you need to have a full head of hair.

For you blogger new to the hypocrisy across the valley at the OTBL blog, good news about public education is no news at all.

What a hoot!

No comments: