10/19/2005

Tune Death: OTBL'ers Explore The Vinyl Frontier

In an attempt to get a hipper image and better compete with our neighborhood bloggers at OTBL, we asked them to do a record review of the historic and political importance of certain historic recordings. Since they show such an undetectable understanding of US politcal history, we figured we couldn't go wrong. Their initial review is The John Birch Society album by the Chad Mitchell Trio. Here's what the OTBL experts had to say about this LP:

Admin: ...I have heard of the John Birch Society but have never even been to their site, been associated with, nor even honestly know exactly what they do. The only society I belong to is the Borderliners. I can't speak for all members of course, but the ones I do talk to and see on a somewhat regular basis, have never mentioned or talked about it either.

Cub: ...I don’t have any idea what the John Birch Society is either. But if they’re REALLY for lower taxes, limited government, and personal responsibility, bring em on.

Ruthless: As far as I know, we never discuss him on this blog and I find him humorous at best. And I love the quotes about the John Birch Society. I never heard of that until he mentioned it.

Tax Boy: John Who?

BobZ: For the edification of Democrats, Republicans, and people under 50 , the John Birch Society was founded by Robert Welch. He was nevous about communists infiltrating the government and started the Society. ...The John Birch Society is the mirror image of the Klu Klux Klan...Barry Goldwater...was a founding member of Planned Parenthood....I...want to memorize the Koran....

Dontpeeonme: LPs? 78's? 331/3's? Digital? CD's? What are you talking about? Wax cylinders was good enough 100 years ago and it should be good enough now!

Dratsum: I give it two thumbs up!

Murphygirl: Hey Dratsum, how about showing us some leg!

Dratsum: Hey there Murphygirl, it's a good thing this isn't being published on www.ontheborderline.net. If it was, you'd be kicked off for being lewd and vulgar.

No comments: